Phirni is a popular North Indian dessert also known as rice pudding.
Lightly sweetened and can be flavored with various fruits, cardamom, saffron or simply plain...served best chilled!!!
Phirni can be great substitute for an Ice-Cream or any other high calorific desserts. In my experience, every one with a sweet tooth craving will relish this, even my six month old did :)
Serving Size: 4 cups
All you need:
1/2 cup basmati rice
4 cup milk
2 grounded cardamom (elaichi powder)
4 tbsp sugar
Sliced almonds, cranberries for garnish
How to prepare:
- Wash and soak rice for 2 hours and coarsely ground it without water. Rice batter is ready
- In a nonstick pan add milk with 4 tbsp of rice batter and keep stirring it and give it 3-4 boils.
- Add sugar and grounded cardamom, stir it for 2 more mins.
- Take the pan off from heated stove and let it cool.
- Pour the boiled mix in serving bowls and let it set in fridge for 3-4 hours prior to serving. Garnish it as you like and serve chilled.