Farmers market in US reminds me of vegetable market back home....I make it a point to visit Thursday's Cumberland Valley farmers market. Amidst fresh veggies, fruits, herbs, flowers, rich green pepperoncini peppers caught my eye. The pepperoncini is a sweet pepper that is both crunchy and somewhat bitter in taste.
My inspiration for this recipe is "Tawa masala"; commonly served in north Indian weddings. This was a surprise for my husband.(Servings: 4)
All you need:
Green pepperoncini :4
1 tbsp oil for cooking
2 medium potatoes
2 tbsp crumbled cottage cheese
1 tbsp red chili powder
1 tsp dried coriander powder
Salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Wash and dry the peppers and cut a length wise slit to make a pocket.
- Boil, peel and then mash the potatoes.
- Mix crumbled cottage cheese, salt, chili powder & coriander powder with mashed potatoes to prepare the stuffing.
- Fill the pepper pockets with stuffing and keep aside.
How to serve:
- Heat a non stick pan at medium to high heat. Add 1 tbsp oil and add stuffed peppers.
- Sear the peppers to get a grilled skin on all sides. Avoid overcooking by turning time to time.
- When peppers are grilled put them on serving plate, sprinkle some salt and lemon juice and serve hot with breads and soup!!