Leftover boiled Red beans/Rajma??...Try Red bean patty(Rajma Cutlets) I am sure next time you will be boiling the beans specially for this!!
A healthy option to replace regular Potato patty(aloo tikki) with these red bean patty!!
All you need:
1 cup boiled rajma(red kidney beans)
1 medium size boiled potato
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
2 medium size finely grated carrots
1/2 cup boiled green peas
1 green chilies finely chopped
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
Salt to taste
Oil to cook/ cooking spray
- In a mixing bowl add boiled rajma(red beans), potatoes, carrot & green peas and mash all by hand or masher.
- Grease your palms with few drops of oil and make cutlets (round or your preferred shape) from the mix.
- Make sure the patties are less than 1/2 inch in thickness.
These patties can be either shallow fried or deep fried. I personally prefer to cook with minimum oil on flat pan.
- To shallow fry, cook the patties on medium heat. It will take a bit longer to get desired crispiness.
- If deep frying, coat the patties with cornflour or bread crumbs for a crispier coating. Fry till it's golden brown and crispy on outside.
Serve hot with green chutney, tomato ketchup, buns, soup or anything of your choice !!
Tip : You can store the uncooked patties in an air tight container in freezer section and use as you want.