Classic Minestrone Soup

Classic Minestrone Soup reminds me of Olive Garden. Whenever I go there I ask for minestrone soup. Its vegetarian, light, healthy and delicious. I prepared this from my experience at Olive Garden and I was elated with results to say the least!!!

Do try and let me know how it turns out for you??




All you need:

(Servings: 4)

1/4 cup boiled small shell pasta
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup red onion (finely chopped)
1 cup crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup carrot thinly cut-length wise
1/4 cup zucchini, thin slices (D shape)
1 cup raw spinach
1/2 cup mix of red kidney beans & black eyed beans
 8-10 leaves of fresh basil (or use dried leaves)
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp dried thyme
3 cups Vegetable stock/ water
Salt to taste

How to Prepare:

  • Heat a pan, add olive oil and saute the garlic & onions.
  • Add all the veggies and saute for a minute.
  • Add crushed tomatoes, beans & pasta with all the herbs, salt & pepper.
  • Add vegetable stock* and let it boil for 5 mins, stirring occasionally.
  • Minestrone soup is ready. Serve hot!!


Classic Minestrone soup can be accompanied with garlic breadsticks, salads, pasta or can be a great appetizer or evening snack.

*Vegetable stock is prepared by boiling together various vegetables in water and straining the water after boiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment