All you need:
2 cups shredded Red Cabbage
1 cup Basmati rice, washed & soaked
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chili powder
Oil to cook
Salt to taste
2 cups of water
How to prepare:
- Heat a pressure cooker or a big saucepan.
- Add oil, cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add red cabbage and saute for a minute.
- Add rice with 2 cups of water, salt, chili powder. Mix all
- If you are using a pressure cooker, turn off the stove after 1 whistle and remove the pressure cooker from hot plate.
- In case you are using sauce pan, cover it with a lid, during cooking. Keep checking on rice every few minutes till its done; don't let it over cook.
Serve hot with yogurt and pickle!! I am sure you are going to make it again and again...