I LOVE, love love love Cream Cheese Frosting!! Its like the best frosting after the chocolate frosting and very easy to make. The cream cheese frosting goes well with red velvet cake, carrot cake and more....
8oz or 1/2 Cup Cream Cheese, room temperature
8oz or 1/2 Cup Butter, room temperature
2-3 Cups Confectioners Sugar or Powdered Sugar
1 tbsp Cornstarch( for thickening)
1 tsp Clear Vanilla Extract
- In a bowl mix cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer. Start with low speed and mix it well until its blended well and smooth.
- Now add cornstarch and start by adding 1 cup of sugar at a time and adding more gradually so that it doesn't blow off in whole kitchen.( In case you don't have powdered sugar you can grind the granulated sugar till its powdered well). Keep adding sugar till desired level of sweetness is achieved. Add more sugar in case the frosting doesn't have stiff peaks or doesn't pipe well (thickened icing gives best result while piping).
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Cream cheese frosting is ready to use.
- Use the knife or spatula and spread over cakes or cupcakes!!!
- Add the frosting to any of your fruits and enjoy!!
- You can add different colors to frosting.
- Add chinese five spice mix for added flavor on carrot cake.
**This cream cheese frosting is good to frost about 15 cupcakes.