Mangoes are one for my favorite fruits.. In fact I can have mangoes anytime :) A few days back, I was looking for some mango dessert recipes & bookmarked a few too. Lately I found this Panna cotta recipe through Allrecipes.com. I decided to modify the recipe a little and prepared on my own a Mango Panna Cotta!!! It's an easy dessert, which does not require any baking and can be prepared with little cooking.
Panna cotta is a traditional Italian custard which is very simple and easy to make.
All you need:
1 cup regular milk
1 1/2 cup heavy cream
1 1/4 tbsp powdered gelatine
1 ripe mango
3 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla essence
3 tbsp cold water
How to prepare:
- In a small bowl add gelatine and cold water and keep aside.
- In a heavy bottom pan, add milk, cream, sugar and honey. Heat all & stir it occasionally.
- When sugar is fully dissolved with milk & cream, add vanilla essence & turn off the heat.
- Add water soaked gelatine to the prepare milk&cream mix.
- Make sure gelatine is completely dissolved in milk&cream mix.
- Prepare mango puree by pureeing fresh mango in mixer /grinder and then filter the puree through a strainer (can substitute with store bought puree). Add the mango puree to the prepared mix.
- Pour the mixture in your choice of glasses. Add a few mango cubes too. Keep glasses a little empty so that you can decorate on top.
- Refrigerate until set. Usually it takes 4-6 hours.
- Once set you can either unmold the panna cotta from the glasses or serve the glasses as it is.
- Decorate the chilled panna cotta with fruits, fresh herbs or fruit sauce and serve!!
I prepared this for the first time, it's yummy and irresistible. Let me know if you can stop digging in!!