Ever get bored of cooking a particular vegetable the same way every time!!! I tried something different with Green beans.. with added flavors & lentil flour. Enjoy this recipe & let me know what you think
All you need:
100 grams, Green beans
2 tbsp coarsely grounded yellow lentil (moong dal)
A pinch of Asafetida
1/4 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp fennel seeds
1 tsp lemon juice
1 tbsp oil for cooking
Salt to taste
How to prepare:
- Wash the green beans and cut into 2 inch long pieces.
- Prepare the moong dal (lentil) batter with water, salt, red chili flakes, fennel seeds and asafetida.
- Add the green beans to prepared better and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Heat a non stick pan, add oil, cumin seeds and battered green beans.
- Let the beans cook at medium heat till 10 minutes or until green beans are done but crunchy and batter color turns to golden brown & crispy.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.
This can be enjoyed as snacks or served as a side dish. May be eaten with breads & plain yogurt/ raita.